New term for me- Act of Nature

Home Forums General Discussion New term for me- Act of Nature

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JennR 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

JennR
    Participant

I’ve been on the phone all day dealing with an interesting event. I have a single family home with a tree on the property line. Last night, the tree fell over and landed on the neighbor’s porch. Needless to say, the neighbors weren’t too happy about it.

The tree is right on the line, so it’s hard to say whether it was my tree, or their tree. No surprise, they claim that it was my tree, so my insurance should pay for it.

I’ve got a great agent, so I was able to talk to him today about this. He shared with me that incidents like this are the responsibility of whoever’s property got damaged. Unless I went out and pushed the tree over, it is considered an Act of Nature. I checked with the tenants, they didn’t push it over.

I called the neighbor back with that news. I don’t think they believed me, but I trust my agent. We’ll see what happens.

Jen

Chelizno1103
    Participant

Good luck!! Situations like that are always difficult.

BarC20
    Participant

Holy cow, I’ve never heard of that happening before. That’s good that it will be on your neighbors insurance, save you the deductible.

JennR
    Participant

My neighbors insurance is covering the damage to their house. I think they still want to blame me, but the situation is covered.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.