Lowes vs Home Depot vs Menards

Home Forums General Discussion Lowes vs Home Depot vs Menards

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Chelizno1103 1 year ago.

• Author

Bob Melton
    Participant

Just curious, but does anyone have a preference for getting supplies at one big box vs another? Does anybody use a local supplier, or a smaller one like Ace?

Chelizno1103
    Participant

We like to use all different kinds of places for different reasons. We use Lowes alot (mostly bc I have family that works there and can sometimes get discounts 😀 ) Or 84Lumber when we are in a hurry (if it’s closer) We have a tons of little hardware stores in our area that are super convenient if we just need to grab a couple items or need to be in and out. And a couple of them will price match so that always helps. My husband is an hvac guy who works with a local contractor so sometimes we can get better deals at different places depending on what items we need to get or how much we are getting. So we use just about any and all resources in our area, just depending on what job we are needing to do or the timeline.

StanleyDe49
    Participant

Chelizno- when are we going to see a post from your husband, or his company, in the vendor forum?

TomWilson
    Participant

I’ve never heard of 84 lumber.

I also prefer Lowes. Not that I don’t like the other stores, but it always seems like I have a Lowes nearby. Chelizno, can you get me a discount too, lol.

StanleyDe49
    Participant

Tom- get yourself a Lowes card. 5% off all purchases!

Bob Melton
    Participant

Chelizno- thanks for bringing up 84 lumber. I’ve used them a couple times for some special order mill work and larger orders. Haven’t been to one in awhile, but I like it. I’ve got both a Lowes and a Home Depot near me, but I can never figure out which one I should go to for certain things. I was hoping I might get some insight here.

Chelizno1103
    Participant

Stanley!! I don’t know why I never had him put his info on here haha!! Must have had a brain fart or something 🙂 I will get on that for sure!! And Tom….I will make a couple calls and see what I can do 😉 lol.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.