International investing

Home Forums General Discussion International investing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ed Reynold 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author

Chelizno1103
    Participant

Has anyone here invested in any international properties?? Other than currency are their any differences? Pros and cons?

StanleyDe49
    Participant

Good question, and one I’d be interested in hearing more on.

While I’ve never personally invested in a foreign country, I imagine having a good lawyer is a requirement. I imagine the challenges vary wildly from country to country.

aaronpawlak
    Participant

I know a lot of people are retiring to Central America, in places like Costa Rica. I’ve never really thought about it, but there’s gotta be opportunities for American investors to serve that market.

Chelizno1103
    Participant

Yea I’m sure a lawyer would be needed and I would think that there would be some good investment opportunities internationally. I was just kind of curious to see what input is out there about it. Hopefully we get some good info soon 🙂

Ed Reynold
    Participant

I’m not personally sophisticated enough to buy real estate outside of the US, but I know there are index funds you can buy to do this. Knowing that retirement should have multiple legs, I do fund my IRA’s as much as I do my physical real estate investments. I try to include some emerging market stocks in those IRA’s, with guidance from my broker.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.