Earning miles off properties

Home Forums General Discussion Earning miles off properties

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Chelizno1103 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Pete123
    Participant

My apologies in advance if this is too far off topic, but does anybody else try to rack up miles by using a points card for their real estate expenses?

I currently have a Capital One Venture card, and I use it for everything. I’m trying to rack up miles for my next vacation. I’m wondering if I picked the right card for this.

Do you do this too? What card do you use?

Do you know a way to make the mortgage payment with the card too?

Chris Pflum
    Participant

This is a great topic, and certainly appropriate for the forum. I highly recommend the approach you’re taking to collect an additional return on expenses. I just advise those that follow you to make sure they’re still paying off their card monthly.

I currently use an American Airlines card for my expenses. Downside is its miles are only good for that airline, but the plus is the range of destinations I can get to on them.

We’ve also used the Capital One venture card, which gives 1.5 points per dollar spent.

Which card do you use?

CardJones
    Participant

Chris- I’m surprised you didn’t say you had a Saphire card. Any reason why?

Chris Pflum
    Participant

Ha! Yeah, I probably should be using that one instead. It’s probably just six of one half dozen of the other situation.

aaronpawlak
    Participant

If you get a Lowes card, you can get 5% off every purchase, or six months no interest in bigger purchases.

Chelizno1103
    Participant

Points and rewards are always great!! Any time you can earn for money you are spending anyway….I say go for it!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.