Biggest trends next year

Home Forums General Discussion Biggest trends next year

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mdixon 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Sparky
    Participant

When talking about real estate investing, what do you see as the big trends that investors should pay attention to this year into next?

Any niche areas of investing that we should consider?

StanleyDe49
    Participant

I was hesitate when I hear phrases like short term trends. I think it’s better to think about it from a higher level. Here are some considerations:

1. In most metros, the demand for quality housing in good neighborhoods remains high and supply low. Just look at the latest Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/reinvestorforum/posts/1213017075488070

As stated, This is good for flippers who can find candidate properties at the right price.

2. In most metros, new apartment construction appears to have caught up with demand. This will start to put pressure on rents, slowing the increases we’ve seen the past few years.

3. As we are in a stable housing market, niche areas like foreclosure and Probate offer opportunities. If the job growth we’ve seen the past few years starts to slow, experienced players will be ready to capitalize here.

So those are my three big things to watch. Curious to hear what everyone else thinks.

HeatherMc
    Participant

As far as homes go, I don’t anticipate much difference the next 12 months from the previous. A market crash or major incident could put a dent in things, but outside of that, things are pretty stable.

JoeV
    Participant

What about small/micro homes? So you guys think this is a trend that will pick up momentum?

Ozzy
    Participant

I’m betting that there will be more people moving from apartment living to owning a home going forward.

BarC20
    Participant

I read today that mortgage rates are expected to start climbing by the end of the year. If that happens, will house flipping be tougher next year?

RayBan
    Participant

With Harvey’s impact on Texas, and Irma now threatening Florida, do you think the southward migration trends will see any adjustments?

Mdixon
    Participant

Will a hurricane or two stop the flow of people from the cold northern climates from going south? Maybe, at least until the first frost ;).

I don’t see that being a trend for a long time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.