Another franchise opportunity

Home Forums General Discussion Another franchise opportunity

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomWilson 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Pete123
    Participant

Just saw this in my Facebook feed.

http://www.benjerry.com/scoop-shops/franchise?utm_medium=paidsocial&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=franchisedev&utm_term=smallbiz&utm_content=linkpost

I don’t know if developing an ice cream franchise is an topic appropriate for this site, but I saw people talking about a car was earlier, so I thought I’d share.

Chris Pflum
    Participant

It’s interesting to see what franchise opportunities pop up from time to time. I know you can get their ice cream in the grocery, but I wasn’t aware that they were adding franchises.

It doesn’t sound like you’re actually looking to get into this business, which is probably good. I have to imagine that a seasonal business like this is a tough way to make a good living.

TomWilson
    Participant

Chris- do you consider developing a franchise a real estate investment or starting a business?

Does it make a difference?

Chris Pflum
    Participant

If you’re building out the structure, then there’s definitely overlap with real estate. Besides, building out a real estate portfolio that you’re actively managing is a business.

I wouldn’t recommend a beginning Investor jump into a franchise opportunity, but someone more experienced might consider it to diversify their portfolio.

Just a note on franchises, there’s good ones and a lot of bad ones. I know many people who buy a franchise and never make a decent return from it.

TomWilson
    Participant

I see what you mean. Personally, I keep investing real estate and starting a business as completely separate activities.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.