Reply To: Biggest trends next year

Home Forums General Discussion Biggest trends next year Reply To: Biggest trends next year

StanleyDe49
Participant

I was hesitate when I hear phrases like short term trends. I think it’s better to think about it from a higher level. Here are some considerations:

1. In most metros, the demand for quality housing in good neighborhoods remains high and supply low. Just look at the latest Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/reinvestorforum/posts/1213017075488070

As stated, This is good for flippers who can find candidate properties at the right price.

2. In most metros, new apartment construction appears to have caught up with demand. This will start to put pressure on rents, slowing the increases we’ve seen the past few years.

3. As we are in a stable housing market, niche areas like foreclosure and Probate offer opportunities. If the job growth we’ve seen the past few years starts to slow, experienced players will be ready to capitalize here.

So those are my three big things to watch. Curious to hear what everyone else thinks.